The capital city of India, Delhi is the perfect amalgamation of serenity and modernization. From the high rising buildings that give employment to most of the service class population in the country to the tranquil gardens and a sprawling forest area, Delhi has it all!
So, if you are planning to visit Delhi in the near future or if you already live in Delhi and want to explore its beauty while basking in the morning sun, here are some destinations that will beckon you with open arms!
1) India Gate: One of the most favorite’s destinations for Delhiites and tourists to flock for a rejuvenating morning walk, India Gate stands tall in the heart of Delhi. Strategically located near Rajpath, this architectural marvel was created as a memorial to thousands of army soldiers who lost their lives in the First World War. The Amar Jawan Jyoti at the India Gate is another marvel that was added post India’s independence – it honors the brave soldiers who lost their lives in the Indo-Pakistan war in 1971. So, if you want to take a trip down the memory lane and pay an ode to the history of our country, the India Gate is an ideal place to visit while basking in the morning sun.
2) Lodhi Garden: The sprawling lush green acres of Lodhi Garden is no less than a nature’s paradise. A city park and an architectural masterpiece that contains the tomb of various sultans of the Lodhi dynasty, Lodhi Garden is a sought-after destination to have a green escape from the hustle-bustle of city life. This garden usually opens its doors around 6am, which makes it an ideal place to view the sunrise in a serene setting.
3) Sunder Nursery: A pioneering picnic spot and a heritage park complex, Sunder Nursery is an ecological paradise with a myriad range of flora and fauna. It is also the home to about 80 bird species and 40 butterfly species which further enhance the beauty and diversity of Sunder Nursery. An array of events, picnics, photo walks, and workshops are conducted at this nursery which are sure to enrich the visitor’s experience by multifold times. So, if you want to kick start your day in the lap of nature, Sunder Nursery located in Nizamuddin is a must visit!
4) Hauz Khas Lake: If you are looking forward to a place where you can just relax and celebrate the beauty of the morning sunshine, followed by gorging on a sumptuous breakfast – the Hauz Khas lake might just be a great option for you to consider. An exquisitely stretched out water body and a bird watcher’s delight with an ample of lush greenery surrounding the lake, Hauz Khas promises an enthralling experience. What’s more? Hauz Khas is also home to many celebrated cafés and restaurants in Delhi NCR where you can have various delectable delights across different cuisines.
5) Qutub Minar: The red and buff sandstone tower of Qutub Minar needs no introduction! The tallest masonry tower in India, Qutub Minar is eloquently carved with inscriptional bands that stand testament to the iconic history of our country. This UNESCO World Heritage Site located in Delhi’s Mehrauli area is surrounded by sprawling gardens where you can sit peacefully or have a memorable walk around this architectural work of art. If you walk around to the Qutub Institutional Area, you will also find some fascinating cafés and intricate designer studios that celebrate life to the fullest.
In addition to these noteworthy destinations in Delhi NCR, you can also bask in the morning sun at other celebrated places like Lotus Temple, Raj Ghat, Jantar Mantar, Sanjay Van, and Aravali Biodiversity Park amongst others.